- Danuta Wasserman, Sweden - Chair
- Sue Bailey, UK
- Henriette Bruun, Danemark
- Andreas Heinz, Germany
- Michael Musalek, Austria
- Rutger Jan van der Gaag, Netherlands
- Livia Vavrusova, Slovakia
- Jan Wise, UK
The EPA Committee on Ethical Issues is responsible for:
- Initiation, production and dissemination of EPA position statements on ethical subjects.
- Answering ethical questions directly addressed to EPA.
- Advising the EPA Board and the President of the EPA about actions concerning reports about ethical transgressions brought to the EPA by individuals or organisations.
- Collaboration with European National Psychiatric Associations in the promotion of ethical standards in psychiatric research and care.
- Organisation of symposia and other events during the EPA congresses as well as of independent meetings and events relevant to ethical issues for psychiatry in Europe.
- Collaboration with the Council of Europe and other international organisations in matters concerning ethics and human rights.
- Assembling information concerning ethical problems and challenges faced by European Psychiatry.
- Developing recommendations for the teaching of ethics and psychiatry.
- Providing advice and assessing research protocols of international collaborative studies involving European countries.
- Actively gathering information and making surveys on how ethics in psychiatry is being managed in Europe and elsewhere.
- Reaching out towards other medical professions for collaboration on ethical issues and developing activities based on a multidisciplinary approach on ethics.