The EPA is very pleased to present its first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) !
- What is a MOOC ? A Massive Open Online Course, or MOOC, is an online course open to an unlimited number of participants, and available in open access via the web. In addition to course materials such as mini-lecture videos and recommended readings, the EPA MOOC will also provide interactive user forums to support and develop community interactions among the students.
- What does it cost ? The EPA MOOC is free and accessible to all. All you have to do is register online, as the EPA MOOC is hosted on a different website, and you will have full access to the course materials (videos, recommended readings references, and more) as soon as the course starts.
- Do I have to be an EPA member to access it ? No, it is accessible to all registered participants, EPA members or not.
- Is there any pre-requisite to take this course ? No, there is no pre-requisite to take this online course.
- Will I get a certificate after the course ? Participants can receive a Certificate of Completion, delivered via email at the end of the MOOC, once they complete the 4-week training course and the 4 weekly quizzes.
- Who is this course for ? The course is designed for all professionals and students interested in mental health and wishing to gain a basic understanding of CBT, the psychotherapy with the strongest evidence base.
- What will I learn ? This MOOC will allow you to understand the varieties of CBT, their evolution, the application of CBT to various disorders, its key clinical features and the place of this important therapy in psychiatry today. Once you enroll in the course, you will have access to the course materials until 30 September 2018, and will enjoy mini-lecture videos, demonstrative role-plays, and many recommended reading references to perfect your online training.
- Who is directing the MOOC ? The Lead Instructor for this course is Dr. Stirling MOOREY, a Consultant Psychiatrist in CBT, for the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust and Visiting Senior Lecturer, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, at the King’s College London, UK. Along with Dr. Moorey, you will have the opportunity to watch interviews with international experts in the field of CBT.
- How does it work ? The EPA MOOC is divided into 4 Chapters, composed of between 4 to 8 lessons each week. For each chapter, you will have access to the videos and all the material related to that Chapter (recommended readings, a weekly quiz on the week's topic, etc.).
- How long does it take ? The expected weekly time-commitment is of about 2-3 hours between the videos, the recommended readings and the weekly quiz at the end of the Chapter. However, you are completely free to plan your activities throughout the week whenever it is most suitable to you.
This MOOC is now closed.
For any further assistance or questions, please contact lara.lenoan[at]europsy.net