Requirements for applicants
- The applicants must be Early Career Psychiatrists (psychiatrists under 40 years of age and/or within 5 years after passing the specialist exam) and reside in a country included in the World Health Organisation Europe region (NB: residents and trainees are not eligible for this programme).
- The applicant should be fluent in English, and possibly have notions of the host country language for clinical purposes (see list of placements).
- The applicant cannot apply for a placement in the country he/she is currently living in.
- The applicant must be familiar with the proposed specialty of the department/ institution.
- The selected applicant will have to negotiate the terms with his/her own institution to go on leave.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Gaining Experience Programme are now closed. Due to the current Covid-19 developments and travel restrictions in place, the 2019-2020 EPA Gaining Experience Programme will be postponed to a later date in 2020. All applicants will be informed by email. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.