VOLPE Umberto , Chair
ERASLAN Defne, Co-Chair
ORSOLINI Laura, Secretary
GARGOT Thomas, Councillor
FONTAINE Audrey, First Other Councillor
LADEA Maria, Second Other Councillor
- Demonstration of the TeleMental Health applications and their potential in various mental health settings by describing concrete clinical examples and applications inclusive novel strategies in their
- Enriching scientific and informative knowledge about opportunities of TeleMental Health services and its various applications
- Documenting new clinical related ideas and concepts in order to encourage mental health professionals to produce original and creative research subsequent to clinical work related to use of new techno
- Improved education of the professionals and psycho-education of patients and their family members via TeleMental Health provided supervision and education
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness through improved performance
- Provide new and innovative ideas regarding the accommodation of technology to current needs of mental health care users and providers in order to contribute positively to achieve the comprehensive dev
- Promote and promulgate guidelines and standards for the ethical practice of TeleMental Health services
- Developing skills in mental health care delivery on distance through concrete examples of best practices worldwide
- Familiarizing mental health care providers and users with clinical and research achievements in the field of TeleMental Health
- Co-operating on global level through exchange of expertise and knowledge across the national boundaries
Calendar of Future Activities
Section on Telemental Health, Program of Future Activities
- The section will stimulate education and debate on the use of digital health technology in mental health within the next European Congress of Psychiatry. A joint section Symposium on “E-Mental Health Across the Lifespan” will be presented at the 2020 Madrid EPA Congress. The issue of organizing a “meet the expert” session, specifically focused on e-mental health and on telemental health, will be discussed with relevant EPA officers.
- Section officers aim to stimulate and coordinate scientific and educational activities in collaboration with the EPA TFEMH, the EPA Education Committee and the EPA ECPC. A specific aim of the Section will be to encourage ECP to join the section and become active members/officers. Section Chair (UV) will officially contact EPA ECPC Chair, in order to arrange the introduction of a permanent position for an early career psychiatrist, nominated by ECPC, within the Section Board.
- Section officers aim to pursue the goals and the mission of the Task Force on E-Mental Health (TFEMH), chaired by EPA Past President (Prof. S. Galderisi); in particular, Section officers will offer their collaboration and technical advice in preparing guidance and/or position papers on e-MH applications and research; in particular, the Section officers (UV, IMW, VB) will collaborate to help to produce a position paper on the use of “apps” in mental health settings.
- Section officers aim also to foster the collaboration with the WPA Section on Informatics and Telecommunications in Psychiatry (Chair: Prof. M. Krausz) and possibly organize joint Symposia, both at WPA and EPA upcoming congresses.
- Section Chair (UV) has been invited as chair and speaker of the symposium entitled “E-mental health: current impact in clinical psychiatry” and to organize an educational course on the use of telemental health technologies, to be held at the 2020 National Romanian Psychiatric Congress.
- The Section Secretary (VB) will organize the “Digital Health Summit” in Amsterdam (October 2020), in collaboration with the American Association for Technology in Psychiatry (AATP) and the American Association of Psychiatric Administration and Leadership (AAPAL) from the American Psychiatric Association (APA), the Section of Informatics and Telecommunications of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA), and The Netherlands Psychiatric Association (NPA).
- Section Chair (UV) has been invited as chair and speaker of the symposium entitled “E-mental health: current impact in clinical psychiatry” and to organize an educational course on the use of telemental health technologies, to be held at the 2020 National Romanian Psychiatric Congress, in Iasi (Romania).