Aims & Objectives
- Demonstration of the TeleMental Health applications and their potential in various mental health settings by describing concrete clinical examples and applications inclusive novel strategies in their
- Enriching scientific and informative knowledge about opportunities of TeleMental Health services and its various applications
- Documenting new clinical related ideas and concepts in order to encourage mental health professionals to produce original and creative research subsequent to clinical work related to use of new techno
- Improved education of the professionals and psycho-education of patients and their family members via TeleMental Health provided supervision and education
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness through improved performance
- Provide new and innovative ideas regarding the accommodation of technology to current needs of mental health care users and providers in order to contribute positively to achieve the comprehensive dev
- Promote and promulgate guidelines and standards for the ethical practice of TeleMental Health services
- Developing skills in mental health care delivery on distance through concrete examples of best practices worldwide
- Familiarizing mental health care providers and users with clinical and research achievements in the field of TeleMental Health
- Co-operating on global level through exchange of expertise and knowledge across the national boundaries
6th National Psychiatry Congress
6th National Psychiatry Congress INVITED SPEAKERPartners :
Romanian Psychiatric Association
12-15th October 2017
6th National Multidisciplinary Congress of the Spe
1) Telepsychiatry in assessment and/or treatment of ethnic minorities in EU
2) E-mental health: present and future perspectives
28/9 - 1/10/2017
5th International Child&Adult Behavioral Health Co
5th International Child&Adult Behavioral Health Conference, January 2017, Abu Dhabi INVITED SPEAKER
25th European Congress of Psychiatry
Presentation with W Gaebels on E-Mental health in health care systems – a global perspective. Published as Euro Psych 41S (2017) S43
25th European Congress of Psychiatry
Legal Apsects of telepsychiatry: a primer for new practitioners. This was part of a course organised by D Mucic and DHiltyPartners :
D Mucic and D Hilty
Gaebel, I. Großimlinghaus, D. Mucic, A. Maercker, J. Zielasek, A. Kerst (2017). EPA guidance on eMental health interventions in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). European Psychiatry , Volume 41 , 140 – 152
Mucic D, Jokumsen M. Telepsychiatry- Prevention and Treatment in the Outskirt Ar- eas, A Shared-Care Model within a Danish Context. J Intensive & Crit Care 2017,3:2
Mucic D, Polyanskaya I. Telepsychiatry in Assessment of Vocational Potential of Un- employed Individuals in Denmark. J Intensive & Crit Care 2017, 3:2
25th European Congress of Psychiatry
EPA Course 08: E-mental Helath: Competencies and Applications. This was a pay to attend course run on behalf of the EPA aat iots ocngress in Fiorenzi. Its scores by the Board of Educaiton were very good.
D Mucic, J Wise
Section Business mMeeting
This was the section business meeting. Minutes were taken and agreed by the Chair in April 2017. As new procedures mean members and officerd are automatically noted that par tof the bubnsiness meeting minutes are not included
The section aims to facilitate networking between members as well as to promote research, education and discussion about the use of telecommunication technologies in mental health care provision. It is crucial for the section to share experiences and research data and promote best practices and innovation in mental health delivery. National and international projects on the use of new digital technologies in psychiatry are among the aims of the section in near future.
Section Activities over the course of 2017 to date
The Section Chair became a member of the EPA “Task Force for mental health” and consultant for “Task Force on Refugees and Asylum Seekers”.
The Section Chair was involved in several activities:
- He gave a talk at the 5th International Child & Adult Behavioral Health Conference, January 2017 Abu Dhabi (Arab Emirates).
- At the 25th European Congress of Psychiatry April 1-4 2017 Firenzi he:
- ran a Course on “E-Mental Health: Competencies and Applications”;
- The Use of Telemedicine Model and its Logistics to Reach as many European Refugees as Possible
- From Telepsychiatry to eMental Health - Experience and Prospects in Europe
Co-author: EPA guidance on eMental health interventions in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). European Psychiatry March 2017 Volume 41, Pages 140–152. W Gaebbels, I. Großimlinghaus, D. Mucic, A. Maercker, J. Zielasek, A. Kerst
The Section Secretary, at 25th European Congress of Psychiatry:
- Took part in the Symposium ‘eMental Health in Psychiatry – Future Perspectives Of An Emerging Field.’
- Delivered the lecture: eMental Health in Health Care Systems - A Global Perspective
- Participated in the CME course: ‘E-Mental Health: Competencies and Applications’
On the 3rd April 2017 at the 25th Congress the section meeting was held at 1300. Apologies were received.
It was pointed out that there is an administrative issue in that the EPA keeps a list of section members, but non-EPA members do not count for administrative purposes of the EPA.
The meeting heard proposals for submissions on
Diagnostic Tools and Medical Devices Technologies in Psychiatry
New IT Application in Mental Health
E-.mental health Digital literacy
Connecting for health: The Romanian solution
Technology harnessed for recruitment/review - Canada
IT on the inpatient unit – UK & Germany
Mobile technology for a mobile problem: mass migration and trauma
M Krausz raised issues about the need to speak on online trauma care and the e-mental health of refugees
Results from a program for internally displaced people may be available
VR Rx of phobias was raised
A suggestion was made for running a course on ‘risk management’ in telepsychiatry but no speakers volunteered to adopt the lead role
- The Chair will be resubmitting the Course run this Congress for 2018
- Attendees to email section the secretary if they wish their names to be added to the list of members
- Dr Buwalda & Professor Krausz were to draft a letter for vetting by the section administration to be forwarded to the Local Organising Committee about the exercise of choice and whether sufficient regard was given the importance of new technologies in psychiatry.
- Dr Wise to draft the minutes within a month for circulation the Chair
J Wise D Mucic
From Telepsychiatry to eMental Health – Experiences and Prospects in Europe
The use of a telemedicine model and its logistics to reach as many European refugees as possible
WPA Berlin 2017
1. Telepsychiatry in assessment and/or treatment of traumatized refugees in Danish context , 2.Telepsychiatry in assessment and/or treatment of ethnic minorities in EU, 3.The use of a telemedicine model and its logistics to reach as many European refugees as possible
co-chair on symposium : 1.Virtual clinics in mental health care, 2. Online trauma care and e - mental health an option responding to mass traumatization?
Section on TeleMental Health
Section Business Meeting
Tuesday, 5th March, 2018
Chairpersons: D. Mucic – U. Volpe
Co-chair: J. Wise (immediate past secretary), Secretary: V.J.A. Buwalda (immediate past-counselor) ;
Counselors: H. Schwager, G. Lydall and A. Fonatine
Meeting attendees: Mihai Bran (Roemenia), Victor Buwalda (The Netherlands), Aubrey Fonatine (France), Thomas Gargot (France), Mark Hermans (Belgium), Vladimir Karli (Ukraine), Krystof Krysta (Poland), Maria Ladea (Roemenia), Greg Lydall (United Kingdom), Lillian Markaki (Greece), Davor Mucic (Denmark), Sladana Onruk (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Herbert Schwager (USA), Christos Tsopelas (Greece), Umberto Volpe (Italy), Jan Wise (United Kingdom), Rashid Zaman (United Kingdom).
01. Introduction and Welcome
Davor Mucic (DM (chair) called the meeting to order at 12.45.
All attendants briefly introduced themselves and the agenda was adopted unanimously.
DM (Chair) resigned and passed on the Chair to Umberto Volpe, to remain as an adviser
UV became Chair – he updated the committee on the process for officer change. JW to become Co-Chair, VB secretary, HS Counsellor
Two abstentions 10 in favour of the new counsellors
UV thanked the immediate past chair Davor Mucic for his tremendous en enormous contribution towards the section TeleMental Health.
02. Officers Report
The Committee was made aware of the activity logged in the 2017 report. Consering the submission of symposium [VB – the input is no longer in the format of a word document and has to be typed in directly, I suggest you ask members for their activity 3 weeks before the submission deadline and provide the format the entry should be in, it will make your role substantially easier.
- Proposals for 2019 congress
- Thomas Gargot – EPA qu on MOOC symposium on advantages of training in pharmacotherapy on MOOC. EFPT
- Rashid Zaman – legal aspects of telemedicine: international perspectives, H Schweger expressed an interest. JW – Legal and data aspects
- Greg Lydall, isolation, not accessed the advantages in Guernsey. Small and isolated community how can they access telepsychiatry;
Global impact that the EPA could have,
Looking to the future speed of computing is exponential, growth
- Krystof – joint with intellectual Disability section was presented as a poster.
- M Ladea: platform which provides psych on-line
Collab with a polytechnic on Artificial Intelligence
VR in phobia’s
- Vladimir Karli: Displaced persons, comorbidity with somatic and mental illness. HSchw – comorbidity, primary Dx is medical,
4. Other business
- VB talked about the conference on “the Digital psychiatrist” in Amsterdam, fall 2019. It is a joint venture with the American Association for Technology in Psychiatry, the American Association of Psychiatric Administration, and the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. VB contacted the board of the EPA who suggested the section to be involved. The section board is happy to collaborate and asked the attendees for their input. Suggested is to send your idea’s to VB. Also sponsors are needed to make this congress into a success.
- GL wants to liaise with chatbot firm and start to get to know their plans
VB – Suggests that we are available for people to contact us and more frequent board meetings, frequencies of monthly to quarterly were mentioned. We would like the minutes. Suggested changes to regulations of the section. VB expressed an interest to work with the Board TF on emental health.
Aubrey Fonatine Proposed a submitting a reference list each attendee to submit 1-2 references of good resources.
GL offered to liaise with ECP about a ECP symposium on eMental Health
VB undertook to submit the minutes in 4 / 52
JW mentioned the deadline of 15/5/18 for the 2019 EPA Conference
5. closing or the meeting at 1240. UV thanks all the attendees for coming.
Victor J.A. Buwalda, MD, PhD, IDFAPA