EPA Section Symposia Awards
The EPA Section Symposia Awards were created in 2014 to promote a high quality programme proposed by the Sections as well as cooperation with EPA Sections and EPA National Psychiatric Society/Association members.
Section Symposia Awards 2016
From the first selection made by the EPA Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) for the 24th European Congress of Psychiatry, the SPC ranked the accepted Sections Symposia on the following criteria:
- Quality and relevance (scientific, clinical, educational) of the symposium
- Cooperation with another Section
- Cooperation with National Society Sections
Congratulations to the 5 best Symposia for EPA 2016 Madrid:
- Racism and discrimination in mental health care of immigrants Section: Cultural Psychiatry
- Hallucinations and delusions in schizophrenia: from phenomenology to neurobiology – Sections: Schizophrenia; Psychopathology
- Affective and psychotic psychopathology during adolescence and early adulthood: the dynamic developmental interplay between genes, structures and functions – Sections: Neuroimaging; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Phenomenology of anxiety – Sections: Philosophy and Psychiatry; Psychopathology
- Treatment of people with dual diagnosis – Section: Psychopharmacology
These sessions were held during the 24th European Congress of Psychiatry, 12-15 March 2016, in Madrid.
Section Symposia Awards 2015
- Can psychiatric disorders be predicted and prevented? Section: Prevention of Mental Disorders
- Psychopharmacotherapy at the interface of psychiatric and medical diseases – Sections: Consultation Liaison Psychiatry & Psychosomatics; Psychopharmacology
- Prevention of mental disorders in children of mentally ill parents – Sections: Prevention of Mental Disorders; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- The “mad axman”: the relationship between psychosis and violence – Sections: Forensic Psychiatry; Schizophrenia
- Nature and narratives of depression – Sections: Psychopathology; Philosophy and Psychiatry
These sessions were held during the 23rd European Congress of Psychiatry, 28-31 March 2015, in Vienna.