4th EPA Online Talks with Experts
The session will take place on Thursday, 06 July 2023 from 15:00 CEST with the participation of Prof. Ken Courtenay. Save the date for an exciting collaboration between the EPA Early Career Psychiatrists Committee and the EPA Section on Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (MHID)!
More information coming soon.
3rd EPA Online Talks with Experts
The EPA Early Career Psychiatrists Committee has teamed up with the EPA Section on Psychopharmacology for the third Online Talks with Experts session. Join our expert, Prof. Dr. István Bitter, Professor of Psychiatry in Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, for an inspiring discussion on “Pharmacotherapy of schizophrenia”!
This 1-hour exchange will start with a short presentation by Prof. Dr. Bitter followed by a Q&A session. Taking place on Tuesday, 06 June 2023 from 17:00 CEST, the programme will include:
- Basic pharmacology of antipsychotic drugs
- dopamine antagonist, partial agonists; dopamine-serotonin antagonists; antipsychotics with multi receptor profiles;
- dopamine blockade (early PET scan studies)
- Basic concepts of testing antipsychotic drugs: efficacy, tolerability, efficiency, adherence, primary and secondary endpoints in Randomized Clinical Trials (RCTs) and Real Word Data (RWD)/Real World Evidence (RWE): response; remission; relapse; time to all-cause treatment discontinuation; hospitalization; death
- Dosing antipsychotics: Is more better? Therapeutic window or threshold? May formulation of a drug change efficacy? Monotherapy or polypharmacy?
Register today and mark down the date in your calendar!