Applications will be carefully selected by the Jury on the basis of curriculum vitae, motivation letter and English level. Eligible candidates must meet ALL of the below criteria:
- Be in possession of a Medical Doctor degree
- Be a trainee in psychiatry OR be within 2 years of completion of specialist training (on the Summer School dates)
- Be under 40 years old (on the Summer School dates)
- Reside in a country included in the World Health Organisation Europe region
- Be fluent in English and agree to participate in an online evaluation – to be organised in June 2019 (the exact date will be communicated to the pre-selected participants)
- Intend to participate in the whole programme of the Summer School and be able to spread the acquired knowledge in their own country
Registration and travel
To participate in the EPA Summer School, the selected candidates are required to pay an administrative registration fee, depending on their country of residence.
Please refer to the following classification on the World Bank website.
|Participants from lower-middle income countries||100€|
|Participants from upper-middle income countries||200€|
|Participants from high income countries||250€|
→ All travel expenses are to be covered by the participant.
What we offer
EPA will cover the following expenses for each selected candidate who attends the Summer School:
- Summer School training programme and social events
- Accommodation on the Summer School dates in Strasbourg (3 nights from Thursday 12 to Sunday 15 September 2019)
- Meals will be covered during the time of the course
How to apply
The application process of the EPA Summer School is fully internet-based. No paper application will be considered.
Please prepare the following information before you begin your application:
- Full contact details: full name, date and place of birth, nationality, postal address, phone number, email address
- Academic Degree(s)
- Current Position
- Professional Experience
- Fields of Interest (clinical, research, publications, etc.)
- Motivation Letter to be completed online and outlining: your interest and/or your level of training in psychotherapy, why you are interested to participate in this programme, what are your expectations for the Summer School and how you will be able to disseminate information acquired at your level (institution, region, country)
- Contact details of your institution of reference and of your referent for this programme
Attached documents to prepare and upload as one single document (word or pdf):
- Signed Recommendation Letter from your institution (either training institution, hospital or National Psychiatric Association) certifying that you are within 2 years after your specialisation.
- Proof of fluency in the English language, which can include language certificate OR supervisor/senior colleague’s statement that you are fluent in English.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 13 May 2019
Applications from EPA Members
Access the application form via your EPA Individual Membership account:
Applications from all other candidates
Access the application form directly:
For any questions, please use this contact form (select “Education” from the drop-down list).