2019 Online Course: Introduction to MI
The second EPA online course on an “Introduction to Motivational Interviewing”, or MI, aims to give professionals techniques and ideas that can be used straight away in the workplace.
About the course
This EPA Online course “Introduction to Motivational Interviewing”, or MI, will review the spirit of MI, the crucial relational foundation, the key techniques and how to use the techniques to steer consultations in the direction of positive change. The course aims to give professionals techniques and ideas that can be used straight away in the workplace. Directed by Dr. Guy Undrill, psychiatrist and experienced MI instructor and his three trainees, the course is divided into 4 thematic chaptersand contains videos, recommended readings, a quiz and a dedicated foru :
- Chapter 1: The Relational Foundation
- Chapter 2: From the Relational to the Technical
- Chapter 3: Strategic direction
- Chapter 4: Pulling it all together
Over this 4-chapter course, you will learn about key elements and techniques of Motivational Interviewing and be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of change talk and sustain talk
- Understand what ambivalence is and its impact
- Differentiate between open and closed questions and use them in practice
- Learn how to form evocative questions
- Know the importance of autonomy support and how to demonstrate it in practice
For more information about all our online courses, have a look at our Catalogue!