ECP Task Forces
The Early Career Psychiatrists Committee is looking for new Task Force members that can bring their time, experience and commitment to actively contribute to the work of the ECP Committee. Task Force members work on developing programmes and training opportunities for young psychiatrists all over Europe throughout the year.
ECP Task Force on Meetings and Associations
- Dr. Kezban Burcu Avanoğlu (Türkiye)
- Dr. Emre Cem Esen (Türkiye)
- Dr. Maria Filip (Poland)
- Dr. Sundar Gnanavel (United Kingdom)
- Dr. Jamila Ismayilova (Azerbaijan)
- Dr. Theodoros Koutsomitros (Greece)
- Dr. Federico Mucci (Italy) – Chair
- Dr. Matilda Naesström (Sweden)
- To facilitate the participation of early career psychiatrists in EPA Congresses and other worthwhile scientific meetings.
- To organise a high-quality scientific track for early career psychiatrists within the Annual Congress.
- To organise a meeting of the EPA Early Career Psychiatrists at the Annual Congress.
- To join and assist Member Societies in the development and implementation of programmes for young psychiatrists.
- To participate in national and international meetings relevant for European early career psychiatrists.
- To collaborate with other scientific associations, in the organisations of meetings for early career psychiatrists.
- To organise at least one scientific annual meeting, besides the Congress.
ECPs Keep In Touch (KIT) – Promoting ECPC activities across Europe
The ECPC KIT includes a message for early career psychiatrists and trainees translated and published in different languages. This initiative aims at reaching out to psychiatric trainees and early career psychiatrists across Europe, provide them with information about the existing opportunities for them, and raise awareness of ECPC and EPA.
The KIT can be downloaded here in English, Russian, Turkish, Azeri ,Polish and Spanish.
Please contact us if you are interested in translating this KIT into another language and publish it in a Journal in your country, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ECP Task Force on Research
- Dr. Marton Asztalos (Denmark)
- Dr. Dorottya Őri (Hungary)
- Dr. Victor Pereira Sanchez (Spain)
- Dr. Diego Quattrone (United Kingdom)
- Dr. Gaia Sampogna (Italy) – Chair
- Dr. Ekin Sönmez (Türkiye)
- Dr. Anna Szczegielniak (Poland)
- Dr. Renato de Filippis (Italy)
The Task Force on Research involves early career psychiatrists (ECP) across Europe in research projects concerned with educational aspects as well as career chances and is also open towards multi-center research proposals performed by ECP.
Research activities are decreasing in early careers psychiatrists (ECP) and psychiatric trainees. This poses a major threat towards the scientific development and application of evidence-based medicine in the field.
- The Task Force is conducting a multi-national study on the involvement of women in academic research. You can complete the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Barriers_to_the_professional_development_of_psychiatrists
- Compilation of interesting opportunities for Early Career Development: https://www.europsy.net/early-career-development-opportunities/
- Collaboration with the EPA Committee on Education in 2021 to organise the EPA Summer School on Research
ECP Task Force on Communication and Publications
- Dr. Egor Chumakov (Russia) – Chair
- Dr. Gamze Erzin (Türkiye)
- Dr. Laura Fusar-Poli (Italy)
- Dr. David Gurrea Salas (Switzerland)
- Dr. Alena Leonova (Russia)
- Dr. Laura Orsolini (Italy)
- Dr. Georgios Schoretsanitis (Greece)
- Dr. Robertas Strumila (France)
- Dr. Kirill Vasilchenko (Russia)
- To improve visibility of early career psychiatrists’ publications, in particular those published in European Psychiatry, the official journal of the Association.
- To facilitate interactions between early career psychiatrists from different European countries and with experts in psychiatry.
- To increase the dissemination of news regarding early career psychiatrists careers and opportunities through the EPA online resources.
- The Task Force is conducting a study to have a better understanding of the trainees and young psychiatrists attitudes regarding the use and utility of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. You can complete the survey here: https://www.europsy.net/therapeutic-drug-monitoring-survey/
- ECP TALKS – Online talks with experts
This project aims to provide communication between Early Career Psychiatrists and worldwide renowned experts in psychiatry between the EPA Congresses. For more information on this project, please follow this link.
ECP Task Force on Professional Development
- Dr. Raul Felipe Palma Alvarez (Spain)
- Dr. Iryna Frankova (Ukraine)
- Dr. Yuriy Osadshi (Russia)
- Dr. Ilaria Riboldi (Italy)
- Dr. Asilay Seker (United Kingdom) – Chair
- Dr. Khrystyna Shalak (Ukraine)
- Dr. Nikola Žaja (Croatia)
- To collaborate with the European Federation of Psychiatric Trainees to improve training needs for early career psychiatrists.
- To collaborate with the EPA Committees and Sections in the organisation of a CME online programme, training workshops, seminars, and other activities for early career psychiatrists.
- To identify key areas for action in training and career advancement of early career psychiatrists and develop projects to address elicited needs including relevant content for EPA congresses.
- To support professional networking of early career psychiatrists via EPA exchange opportunities and events linked to EPA congresses in collaboration with the LOC.
- To contribute to the creation and promotion of publications of educational modules for early career psychiatrists.
ECP GEP – Gaining Experience Programme
For more information on this programme, please follow this link.