EPA Scientific Sections
The mission of the 21 active EPA Scientific Sections is to explore and solve problems in various specific areas of psychiatry, to collect and disseminate information, to establish working relationships between individuals and with different national and international bodies working in the same field, and to achieve greater coordination. The EPA’s Sections organise their own symposia under the patronage of the EPA, as well as annual conferences throughout Europe.
Although the EPA Office provides administrative support, EPA Sections function independently within the established framework with regard to member recruitment and management, leadership elections, meetings, and internal and external communication.
A new Task Force on Sections was created on 2019 to support the activities implemented by the Sections. For further information click here.
For any questions about the EPA Sections, please contact the EPA Administrative Office.
Secretary for Sections
Andrea Fiorillo Secretary for Sections
Current EPA Scientific Sections
- Addictive Behaviours
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry and Psychosomatics
- Cultural Psychiatry
- Eating Disorders
- Emergency Psychiatry
- Epidemiology and Social Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities (MHID)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders Across the Lifespan (NDAL)
- Old Age Psychiatry
- Philosophy and Psychiatry
- Prevention of Mental Disorders
- Suicidology and Suicide Prevention
- TeleMental Health
- Women, Gender and Mental Health